HOW TO RELIEVE CONSTIPATION | 10 GUIDELINES THAT ACTUALLY WORK
1. SQUAT ON THE TOILET
Squatting is a great technique to practice because it relaxes the sphincter. The sphincter releases the tension of the rectum and the end of the large intestine.
Follow the next steps to learn how to relieve constipation with squatting and muscle contraction:
FIRST - position yourself correctly on the toilet.
You can squat on the toilet with or without a foot stand.
You need your knees to be higher than your hips to relax your bottom.
Stay in the squat position for 1-5 minutes before you go to the toilet.
After that, sit on the toilet bowl and try to keep your heels up, so the knees are higher than the toilet seat for 1-5 minutes.
SECOND – contract your abdomen muscles forward and backward.
Abdominal contraction helps to:
- move the intestines
- break the stool into pieces
- prepare stool evacuation
Contract your abdomen muscles 2-3 minutes before you go to the toilet.
Slowly contract your abdomen muscles 2-3 minutes while you are on the toilet bowl.
THIRD - take deep breaths and keep the air inside.
This thing makes the lungs expand and contract the abdomen.
Take a deep breath and keep it for 3-5 seconds. Release the air. Repeat this move for 5 minutes.
FORTH - start pushing and squeezing your abdomen
Pushing and squeezing your abdomen as if you were pooping is vital when you learn how to relieve constipation on long-term.
By pushing and squeezing the inside of your abdomen, it will make the intestines put pressure on the large intestine and rectum.
You need to push and squeeze at the same time:
- the large intestine
- the rectum
- the anus
Start slow. Push and squeeze your abdomen slowly for 1-3 seconds. Continue with this movement for 1-5 minutes slowly.
Usually, this is the moment when you feel the need to evacuate the stool.
FIFTH – massage your tummy
If you are still on the toilet and can’t poop, start massaging your tummy clockwise.
How to massage?
- place your hand on the abdomen, above the large intestine
- push slowly with your hand and move it clockwise
- massage your tummy for 1-3 minutes slowly
- push it harder after 3 minutes
This massage makes the stool move into the rectum, and finally to evacuate.
SIXTH – push and squeeze hard to evacuate the stool
When you feel the stool is ready to evacuate, push and squeeze your abdomen down to the rectum as hard as you can.
You will feel when it’s time after 5 minutes of muscle contraction and putting pressure inside the intestines.
Stop pushing if you feel:
Don’t force yourself too much. Putting too much pressure over the intestines and rectum can cause pain, hemorrhoids and other symptoms.
Squatting is a great technique to practice on long-term. It will help you a lot whenever you suffer from constipation.
Learn more about how to relieve constipation on the toilet with six guidelines.
2. DO CRUNCHES AND EXERCISES
There are a few exercises that help digestion and stool evacuation.
The following examples are the best:
These exercises focus the energy and effort towards the abdomen. In this area, the muscles are forced to contract and expand whenever we make a physical effort.
Walking long distances can be an alternative to running if you are tired or do not have the time to prepare for a run.
The following guidelines show you how to relieve constipation using simple exercises:
Crunches help peristalsis and stool movement because of the abdomen contracting. In this area, you can find the small and big intestines.
How to do Crunches?
- Do crunches every 1-2 days minimum.
- Position yourself with your back on the floor.
- Do six series of 10-20 crunches (20 minutes or less).
- Take a one-minute break between series.
Pushups help peristalsis and stool movement similar to crunches. These exercises keep the abdomen tensed.
How to do Pushups?
- Do pushups every 2-4 days minimum.
- Position yourself with your arms towards the floor.
- Keep your body parallel to the floor.
- Do four series of 5-10 pushups.
- Take a one-minute break between series.
Don`t push too hard because swimming is very demanding on all muscles, especially on the abdomen.
How to Swim?
- Plan to swim at least once a week.
- Swim slow for 15-30 minutes with 1-2 breaks (front crawl or butterfly).
If you are a beginner, run slow and increase the intensity gradually the next time you run.
How to Run?
- Plan to run at least once every 3-4 days.
- Run at least 1-1.5 hours (3-5 miles).
V. Walking long distances
Walking is a great exercise when you do it daily, and it is not demanding.
This movement improves digestion and peristalsis if you take daily walks for at least 1.5 hours.
How to Walk?
- Walk daily for at least 1.5 hours.
- Start to walk slow at a constant pace.
- You can alternate with faster pace if you can.
These exercises are great when you learn how to relieve constipation on short-term. You can use them on a regular basis for long-term relief.
The great things about these exercises are:
- they improve digestion
- they improve bowel movement
- they work your abdominal muscles and hips
These exercises are easy to do, and for those of you who are beginners, please start slow.
Physical exercise is usually good not only for digestion but also for keeping the body in good shape. Having adrenalin and stamina in your body is beneficial for stool evacuation.
The best thing about exercises is that you can do them in the comfort of your home, anytime.
You can also shape your body by just doing crunches and pushups.
Here is more information about exercises to relieve constipation. You will find examples, benefits, training, and programs.
3. USE FERMENTATION AND LAXATIVES FOR IMMEDIATE RESULTS
There are three ways to have immediate results with:
- fermenting fruits
- strong laxatives
- purgatories used for preparing colonoscopy
The following guidelines present how to relieve constipation on short-term.
I. EAT FRUITS THAT FERMENT
If you suffer from episodic constipation and you don’t want to take medicine, you can eat fruits that ferment.
Fruits ferment in the intestines because of heat and humidity.
Fermentation creates gas for hours. The gas expands the intestines and, at some point, it will evacuate through the rectum. This thing is called flatulence. Although this thing is embarrassing, it is quite effective especially when you eat fruits on an empty stomach.
Flatulence and fermentation improve intestinal transit but can cause unpleasant irritation.
How to relieve constipation immediately with fermenting fruits?
The first thing you need to know is that you have to eat fruits only on an empty stomach.
The problem is that if you eat fruits, they will start to ferment after only 15 minutes.
This thing is dangerous because fermenting fruits that stay blocked in the intestines can cause:
- intestinal irritation
- sometimes alcohol
There are a few fruits that ferment quickly like:
Eating grapes on an empty stomach is beneficial to digestion and intestinal transit. Grapes ferment fast, especially if you prepare fresh grapes juice. This juice has stronger laxative effects than grapes alone.
Eat grapes only on an empty stomach. You can eat them after 4 hours from the last meal.
Here are some examples:
- Eat grapes after you wake up and wait 60 minutes before serving breakfast.
- Eat grapes 4-5 hours after the last meal.
- Eat grapes only once a day, preferably in the morning to improve intestinal transit fast.
After eating grapes on an empty stomach, it can take up to 30-90 minutes for intestinal transit to cause stool evacuation. Sometimes it can be immediate and sometimes it can take up to 3 hours.
Black grapes tend to ferment faster than any other type.
Also, fermenting fruits contain low quantities of fiber which help to clean the intestinal lining.
Use this technique once a day, only on an empty stomach (or empty intestines). If you suffer from severe irritation and bloating, stop eating fruits for 2-4 days.
Be careful with fruits in general. If you know how to relieve constipation immediately with fruits, you can prevent irritation and excessive fermentation.
II. TAKE STRONG LAXATIVES
Laxatives are pills that force the stool to evacuate in different ways.
Strong types have an immediate effect, depending on the type of constipation.
Why learn about laxatives?
- you will know what laxatives to take
- you will know how to use them
- you will know when it’s time to poop
Here is the typical example:
It takes only 30 minutes for the strong laxative to start softening (or expanding the stool after you swallow the pill.
In less than 2 hours the stool will be soft and liquid. In the meantime, the intestines start to have cramps inside, and the stool will gradually move to the rectum.
After 4 hours you will have to evacuate the stool.
So, be sure to stay near a toilet because defecation takes place almost immediately.
You can take osmotic or volume laxatives, depending on the type of constipation.
If you suffer from severe constipation and you have blocked stool in the intestines, it may take more than 60 minutes for the strong laxatives to soften the stool.
This thing also applies to volume laxatives.
Stool evacuation happens after more than 6 hours if you suffer from severe constipation.
This example is the typical example of how to relieve constipation using strong laxatives.
Take strong laxatives as follows:
- only 2-4 days maximum
- two pills per day
- take one-week break
Taking strong laxatives is a fast and safe way to empty the intestines only when you need to. The stronger the laxative is, the better. But there are side-effects to using strong laxatives.
Strong emollient laxatives are the most efficient because:
- they soften the stool
- they make the stool liquid
The problem with strong laxatives is that they create pain and irritation. Because of immediate stool evacuation, the intestines absorb all the water inside. In this way, the entire body will have insufficient water to recover.
This thing also affects digestion.
Side-effects of strong laxatives:
- abdominal pain
- intestinal irritation
- severe dehydration
The benefit of using strong laxatives is that: they force the stool to evacuate immediately.
So, if you are in a hurry and you need your intestines to be empty, this is how to relieve constipation immediately.
And, if you use laxatives often, it might create dependency on long-term.
III. USE PURGATORIES FOR COLONOSCOPY PREPARATION
Their role is to empty the intestines and clean the intestinal walls. This thing is necessary for the inspection of the colon using medical instruments.
Emptying the intestines two times a year is beneficial because:
- it's easy to do
- digestion can start all over again
- there are no side-effects
This thing does not mean you have to do a colonoscopy!
Use them to empty the intestines once or twice a year. This thing helps you to learn how to relieve constipation on long-term.
Purgatories used for preparing this medical procedure have an immediate effect. They are efficient and do not have side-effects.
How to use them?
First of all, these types of purgatories help empty and clean the intestines in about 12-24 hours. This thing means that you cannot eat any solid food for 24 hours.
Eight hours are for sleeping at night.
Doctors recommend eating liquid foods like:
- vegetable soup but without the vegetables
- fruit juice without pulp (with pulp is good also)
- other types of non-carbonated juices
You can start after 12.00 p.m. and continue until the next morning.
These types of purgatories come in 2-4 packages with laxative powder. You need to mix the powder with water in a big bottle.
The result is a sweet juice that has laxative effects for 6-12 hours.
You have to drink the juice gradually (one glass every 2 hours) and empty the big bottles until you go to sleep. The result of the mix has about 0,5 – 1 gallon (1-3 liters) of liquid.
Keep in mind: you need to stay at home and have a clean bathroom prepared.
After drinking the liquid mix, you will start to:
- feel cramps
- feel light intestinal pain
- feel a tickle around the intestines and rectum
Once every 2 hours, you will go to the bathroom and evacuate a liquid stool with pressure.
This process continues for 6-12 hours, depending on how much stool there is in your intestines. Usually, in about 6 hours your intestines should be empty.
The purpose of this simple procedure is to empty the intestines of solid stool.
Drink non-carbonated water to keep you hydrated.
In the evening you will feel a bit hungry and your body weak. This thing is normal because you only drink liquids. You might feel nausea from the mix but, this thing is normal.
Don`t drink one hour before you go to sleep so your intestines do not feel pain or cramps and you can rest.
Start a normal life the next morning. You can eat solid food. You should introduce fiber gradually because maybe the intestinal lining will feel irritation from it. You will have a good transit the next days.
This process is how to relieve constipation on long-term with purgatories for colonoscopy.
One example is MoviPrep.
The problems with using this technique are:
- You have to take a day off from work or school when you start to drink the liquid.
- You need one day to recover; after this, start eating normally and hydrate yourself.
The benefit you get out of this is that you clean your intestines.
This thing is good for long-term relief. Also, purgatories for colonoscopy preparation are more effective than taking strong laxatives.
4. USE THE RIGHT TYPE OF LAXATIVE
Laxatives are types of medicines used to improve intestinal transit and stool evacuation.
There are a few types of different roles:
- volume laxatives (which expand the fecal matter)
- emollient laxatives (stool softeners)
- osmotic laxatives (intestinal water diffusion)
- stimulant laxatives (peristalsis stimulants)
The only reason to use laxatives is when you suffer from episodic constipation. This thing means that you have rare episodes of constipation.
For example, you can take light laxatives for two days if you ate a large pizza in the summertime.
You can use laxatives when you want to have your belly in shape for different reasons like:
- Attending a meeting;
- Preparing for an exam;
- Planning to go for an interview;
- Going to spend the summer holiday.
It is necessary to know how to relieve constipation with laxatives because they can create side-effects.
Here are the general steps on how to use laxatives with different types of constipation:
For example, you ate cornflakes or corn products which are hard to digest and have a hard consistency.
In this case, you can take a light volume laxative or a simulant one as follows:
- take two light laxative pills early in the evening, after you served your last meal (usually, after 9 o`clock);
- in about 3-4 hours, the laxative will dissolve inside the intestines and prepare the stool;
- you will fall asleep between 12.00-01.00 a.m.;
- after 4 hours, your intestines will feel cramps inside;
- after 6 hours, the stool will prepare to evacuate;
- the next morning, you will wake up with light cramps in the intestines and maybe a light nausea feeling;
- get out of the bed, go to the bathroom and evacuate the stool;
- you will feel your intestines emptying and, the cramps and irritation will disappear.
Another example. You ate a large pizza in the evening and, you did not eat any vegetables with it. The next day you feel constipation and, you want to evacuate the stool.
In this case, you can take a light emollient laxative as follows:
- take two light emollient laxatives after eating a light breakfast
- in 2-3 hours, the laxatives will dissolve and affect the stool blocked inside the intestines
- after 3 hours, you will start to feel light cramps and maybe a small intestinal pain
- after 4 hours, your large intestine will start to get full with soft stool
- after 5-6 hours, your body will evacuate a soft or liquid stool several (2-4 times)
- make sure you have a clean bathroom near you and, you have a day off from work or school.
Another example of how to relieve constipation with strong laxatives.
You suffer from bacteria or an infection in the intestines and, you ate fish and chips that are hard to digest and stick to the intestinal walls.
In this case, you should take an osmotic laxative (a strong one) as follows:
- take 2 strong osmotic laxative pills early in the morning and continue with another pill the next in 6-8 hours
- in 3-6 hours, the pill dissolves and prepare water diffusion
- after 3 hours you might feel light intestinal pain, irritation, and cramps if the laxative affects the intestines
- after 6-12 hours, the stool will prepare and move slowly toward the rectum
- osmotic laxatives are good for long-term relief 24-48 hours and are efficient when used early in the morning
- if symptoms like strong intestinal pain or severe dehydration affect you, please visit a doctor.
There are a few benefits when using laxatives:
- You can have immediate relief when you want to.
- It`s a safe and clean way to empty the intestines.
- We can use them with every type of constipation.
- There is no stool in the intestines.
- They improve digestion.
Laxatives and Problems
When you are trying to learn how to relieve constipation with laxatives, it`s important to keep in mind that they create side-effects on long-term.
Here are a few problems that can appear when using laxatives often:
- they can create dependency;
- they can create intestinal pain;
- they can irritate intestinal lining;
- strong laxatives affect digestion (affects the assimilation of food and the intestinal lining);
- strong laxatives are effective but create intense pain if you have bacteria or infection in the colon.
Read more about Constipation Medicine and laxatives.
5. USE BILE AND PANCREATIC SUPPLEMENTS
There are two types of supplements good for digestion like:
- Pancreatic Enzyme Supplements
- Bile Supplements
How to relieve constipation with Pancreatic Enzyme Supplements?
These supplements help to form pancreatin. Some pancreatic enzymes help the decomposition of nutrients and their absorption.
There are three enzymes that, form pancreatin:
Every enzyme has its role in digestion. Some of them combine with bile and, some of them help digest certain types of food.
- Lipase decomposes fats
- Amylase decomposes carbohydrates
- Protease decomposes the proteins and helps nutrients absorption
If you suffer from chronic constipation, you can take 1-2 tablets with supplements, three times a day during your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
You have to swallow the tablets with a small quantity of water if necessary.
How to relieve constipation with Bile Supplements?
Bile Supplements help the bile combine with pancreatic enzymes like lipase. This thing is necessary to activate lipase as an entire mix for digestion.
Combining these enzymes into a digestive mix is necessary for the absorption of fats and vitamins.
This process helps to emulsify the fats.
After activating Lipase, there are a few fat-soluble vitamins that the intestines absorb:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
There are many supplements under the form of tablets.
For adults suffering from constipation, the standard usage is 1-3 tablets 3 times a day. You can swallow them with a small glass of water.
The treatment with supplements can go from 1-3 weeks, depending on the type of constipation that affects you.
It is essential to know which supplements work best for you.
The reason is that taking pancreatic enzymes when your liver is not working well (not secreting bile) can be a risk for your health.
This thing is also valid for taking bile stimulants when you only need pancreatic enzymes.
Before taking any pills, make sure you:
- take some medical tests to find the cause;
- visit the doctor and ask for help.
Your liver may be secreting bile slow because you eat lots of food often. Or, it happens that your liver cannot secrete bile at all.
Also, your pancreas might not work well because of diabetes or other causes. You might suffer from irritable bowel syndrome which has nothing to do with bile or pancreatic enzymes.
Read more about Pancreatic Enzymes and Bile Supplements
6. EAT FOOD THAT HELPS STOOL EVACUATION
There are many types of food that, help digestion. There are other types that, perturb digestion.
It is essential to know which ones to choose.
Constipation is usually caused by eating bad food combinations.
There are also long-term problems that affect digestion and stool evacuation because of bad food habits.
Here is how to relieve constipation with foods:
I. Eat Fruits only on an empty stomach (or empty intestines).
- fruits contain large quantities of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber.
- fruits keep the intestinal lining and the colon clean.
- do not mix fruits with other foods because they will perturb digestion.
- eat fruits only early in the morning or after at least 4 hours from the last meal.
II. Eat Vegetables as often as you can
- Eating vegetables like carrots, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, and cauliflower is beneficial on long-term.
- Vegetables contain proteins and vitamins.
III. Eat Meat only with raw vegetables
- Meat is hard to digest and absorbs water.
- Meat needs fiber to form a moving stool.
- Meat has proteins and essential fatty acids that can absorb well only when you combine them with vegetables.
IV. Eat Cheese only with raw vegetables
- Cheese is similar to meat because it contains large amounts of fatty acids and proteins.
- Cheese needs un-digestible fiber to form a moving stool.
V. Eat Whole Bread and Whole Rice
- Whole flour and whole rice have enough fiber to form a stool that you can eliminate well.
- Whole bread and rice have low sugar levels.
VI. Do not eat Sugar, Potatoes, White Bread, and Corn
- these foods have high levels of sugar that absorb large quantities of water.
- if you mix them with fruits, meat, and cheese then, digestion will not absorb the nutrients and vitamins properly.
VII. Eat liquid food if you suffer from severe constipation
- Eat vegetable soup made from boiled vegetables.
- Eat compote or stewed fruit.
- Drink natural fruit juice (only on an empty stomach).
- Drink hot tea with honey.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks.
Examples of good food combinations:
- Fried / boiled meat + vegetables (salad)
- Whole flour bread + vegetables
- Cheese + vegetables
- Whole rice + vegetables
- Fruits on an empty stomach
- Vegetable soup
Here is an interesting video about the lack of hydration and how the stool moves for evacuation.
Why do we need to know how to relieve constipation with food?
The problem with food is that the mix of carbohydrates and fats will create difficulties for the intestinal receptors to absorb the proteins, nutrients, and vitamins properly.
Here are some examples of bad food combinations:
- meat and bread
Here are other bad examples of foods to avoid:
- burgers, fries, soda
- white bread, rice, pasta made out of white flour
- sweet sauces, barbeque sauces
- burger and hot dog buns, pancakes
- sweets made out of cornstarch or glucose
- beer, alcohol
Another problem with bad food combinations is that they disturb digestion that is taking place in the small intestine.
This thing happens on long-term.
If the combination of carbohydrates and fats stay longer than 5-10 hours in the intestines, they will form a hard stool.
This stool will act as a sponge that absorbs the water inside the intestines as often as it can.
Learn more about Foods for Constipation and how to eat them.
7. EAT FRUITS FOR VITAMINS AND NUTRIENTS
Fruits are good for digestion because they contain vitamins, nutrients, and fiber.
Vitamins are good for keeping the body hydrated. Nutrients help the chemical reactions that happen before and after digestion. Fiber helps to clean the intestinal walls and lining.
The problem with all fruits is that they tend to ferment very fast.
It takes only 15 minutes for them to ferment in the intestines due to humidity and heat.
How to relieve constipation with fruit?
I. Eat Fruits only on an empty stomach (empty intestines).
- Eat fruits as soon as you wake up.
- Stay 30-60 minutes until the next meal.
- Eat fruits only after at least 4 hours from the last meal.
II. Eat fruits that do not contain high levels of sugar.
- Avoid bananas, watermelon, grapes.
- Eat apples, prunes, oranges, peaches, strawberry, lemons, grapefruit.
III. Eat fruits that contain fiber.
- Eat blackberry, wild-berry, apples, dates, figs, raspberry, cherries.
- Eat almonds, nuts, raw peanuts, sesame seeds.
Following the guidelines above will improve our digestion. In these ways, we can get the most out of fruits.
We can have more vitamins and nutrients into our body. We can prevent excessive fermentation that.
See more examples of Fruits for Constipation, how to eat them and the benefits.
8. STAY HYDRATED
The lack of hydration is one of the causes of constipation.
It`s important to keep this in mind all the time when you suffer from constipation because certain habits make you lose water fast.
Drinking large quantities of water is not enough to digest the food and, to keep the body at a low temperature during summer-time.
So how to stay hydrated and relieve constipation?
Here are a few Guidelines about how to stay hydrated:
- Eat fresh fruits on an empty stomach (to hydrate the tissues and muscles, to absorb vitamins, and to clean the intestine lining).
- Drink only non-carbonated mineral water (that has minerals and nutrients).
- Eat vegetables and vegetable soup (when suffering from severe constipation).
- Try to live and work in places with relative humidity (40-60 % humidity and low temperature).
- Stay in cool temperature when you drive for more than 3 hours.
Vitamins from fruits keep the body hydrated.
Nutrients and vitamins help with the chemical reactions during digestion and when cooling the body.
What to avoid on long-term:
- avoid drinking hot tea often (high-temperature humidity can dehydrate your body, especially in a sauna).
- avoid drinking sugary drinks and alcohol (because of high levels of sugar and alcohol).
- avoid heat stroke and staying for long periods to sunbathe.
- avoid over clothing when running or walking.
Sweat is another good sign when you suffer from constipation. This thing is an indication that you are only suffering from episodic constipation.
A few words of Caution.
Do not exercise too much if you get very dehydrated after sport.
Severe Dehydration is the sign of slow intestinal motility, the presence of viruses in the intestines, and diabetes.
For long-term constipation relief, it is necessary to follow the simple guidelines mentioned above.
9. RECOGNIZE THE SYMPTOMS
Recognizing symptoms is an essential part of learning how to relieve constipation on long-term.
There can be light or severe symptoms, depending on the type of constipation that affects you.
Here is a list of light symptoms that are specific to episodic constipation:
- short episodes of abdominal pain;
- light episodes of cramps;
- short episodes of gas and flatulence;
- light intestinal irritation;
- difficulty in stool evacuation;
- the stool evacuates after one day.
These are usually the common symptoms that people feel when they eat bad food like pizza.
Severe symptoms appear when people suffer from infections, chronic constipation or severe dehydration.
Severe symptoms can be:
- painful cramps;
- intense abdominal pain;
- difficulty in evacuating the stool;
- continuous flatulence and gas;
- liquid fecal matter leaks;
- inability to evacuate the stool for more than three days.
The causes for severe symptoms are many: Infections, bacteria, viruses, and rotten food can cause severe intestinal pain and dehydration.
If symptoms often appear and disappear then, it’s more likely that episodic constipation affects you.
This type can be easily treated with natural laxatives or eating liquid food.
If severe symptoms persist for more than two weeks, there are many chances that you suffer from an intestinal infection or bacteria.
It is important to recognize the symptoms because when you visit the doctor, it will be easier to diagnose a potential disease. It may be possible to identify a virus that is present in the intestines.
Read the full article in detail about Constipation Symptoms.
10. USE NATURAL REMEDIES
There are a few remedies found in nature that can improve digestion on short-term
Some of the most effective remedies are:
- vegetable oil
- forest fruits
When you learn how to relieve constipation on long-term, keep in mind that these remedies help digestion because:
- they have laxative effects (chicory and inulin);
- some of them contain natural fiber (forest fruits);
- vegetable oil puts the lazy bile to work;
- you can eat them everywhere.
What we want to achieve with natural remedies is to have an alternative to medication like laxatives and supplements.
There are many benefits of using natural remedies like:
- improving digestion;
- keeping the intestines clean using fiber;
- assimilating more vitamins and nutrients;
- helping the liver secrete bile;
- improving peristalsis;
The problem with natural remedies is that we need to understand how digestion and the intestines are dealing with them.
Chicory has laxative effects on short-term. Also, inulin, a product made out of chicory, has stronger effects when you combine it with fruit juice.
Vegetable oil is great when combined with vegetables. Otherwise, it can cause a sick feeling and nausea.
Read more about Natural Constipation Remedies and use them to relieve constipation.
11. AVOID STRESS
Stress is the result of predictable thoughts and feelings of high negative intensity.
When you learn how to relieve constipation, stay away from stress and negative feelings. These things affect your physical and mental shape.
The projection of a bad result makes us create negative scenarios of what can go wrong.
As a result, this thing puts our body into a “fight or flight mode” on short-term which:
- shuts down creativity;
- shuts down rational thinking;
- forces the brain to keep the vital organs in a standby mode;
- makes the blood distribute more towards the hands and legs.
When we are very stressed, our brain sends signals to our body to keep the temperature at a higher level than usual.
Also, this thing makes the body to not handle well other functions like cooling the body, sweat, proper digestion, and stool evacuation.
In those stressful moments, the nervous circuits located around the intestines area will not function well until the cause of stress disappears.
In this way, we have a stressed metabolism that is in a “standby” mode.
A stressed and tired body can’t handle:
- proper digestion;
- bowel movement;
- to keep the tissues at a low temperature;
- to keep water inside the intestines for digestion.
Toxic relationships have the same effect on our body.
Negative feelings of high intensity make our body stay in a “standby” mode for long periods of time.
In this way, our body does not digest the food properly and, it dehydrates the tissues quick.
12. KEEP IN MIND
The best way to get over constipation on long-term is to eliminate the causes.
All the techniques and alternatives mentioned above work and improve stool evacuation.
When Chronic or Severe Constipation affects you, it would be smarter to eliminate the causes first. It is way more effective than to deal with every episode of constipation.
If you suffer from severe constipation, please visit a doctor as soon as possible.
Take constipation seriously because symptoms are the result of a possible disease or a virus present in the intestines.
The purpose of these guidelines is to help you understand how to relieve constipation on:
- long-term using food and exercises.
- short-term using laxatives and supplements.
It is cheaper to prevent a disease than to treat it.
Copyright © 2018 Danescu Sebastian-Victor. All rights reserved.
For more information about constipation click the links below: