Foods and Nutrition Causes
- Eating bad food combinations (combination containing meat, sugar, flour, glucose, fruit, bread, cooked sunflower oil, milk products)
- Eating fruit with other foods (fruits disturb the entire digestion process when combined)
- Eating too much sugar, sugary drinks and sweets (sugar is hard to digest because it absorbs large quantities of water and damages intestinal lining)
- Drinking often carbonated sugary drinks and carbonated alcohol (carbonated drinks irritate the intestinal tissues in the small intestine)
- Eating too much sweets based on flour and oil (cookies, biscuits, bread, baked sweets)
- Eating fast food without vegetables (meat, bread, potatoes and soda combined, transform as a sponge in the intestines, that absorbs all water around that area)
- Eating hard to digest foods like cheese, meat and oil without vegetables (insoluble fiber helps move these hard to digest foods)
- Not eating enough vegetables (soluble and insoluble fiber from vegetables are the best for a good intestinal transit)
- Not eating fibers contained in fruits (fruits have to be eaten only on an empty stomach to extract all the vitamins and good fibers that help constipation)
- Not eating food in intervals of 3-4 hours (this is the optimal time for any meal to be digested properly, especially meat)
- Any snack eaten between these 3-4 hours intervals after a meal, disturbs the present digestion process of the food already eaten and forces it to move towards elimination or to stay blocked.
Read more about [foods for constipation] and how to eat them.
Psychological causes for constipation
- Long periods of stress (school, college, examinations, admissions, jobs, social environment, medical issues)
- Long periods of anxiety (family, school, jobs, medical issues)
- Long periods of depression (career, emotional state, family, hobbies/interests, self-fulfillment, jobs, toxic family relationships, toxic love relationships)
Physiological constipation causes
- Sitting on a chair for long periods of time 5-8 hours (studying, working, driving, being sick, facebook)
- Not practicing sports on a regular basis (running, basketball, football, swimming, tennis, hockey, all kinds of sports)
- Lack of walking and hiking (for people who can`t do sports, walking and hiking are the best ways to help intestinal muscle movement)
- Lack of basic gymnastics (at least once a week: crunches, pushups, squats, stretching)
- Being lazy (not having the mood for doing anything)
Read more about [exercises to relieve constipation].
Medical causes for constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome (intestinal tissues irritation)
- Intestinal issues after colonoscopy or enema (scratched tissues, lack of intestinal mucosa)
- Intestinal irritation (after long periods of consuming alcohol, carbonated sugary drinks, sugary foods and hard to digest foods)
- Intestinal obstruction
- Digestive bleeding
- Intestinal polyps or tumors (situated in the large intestine)
- Obesity (layers of fat compress intestines in different areas making it difficult for stool movement, water hydration and muscle movements)
- Pregnancy (hormonal changes or having uterine compression on the intestines)
- Slow metabolism and slow intestinal activities (most common to obese and elderly people)
- Slow muscle hypotonia.
- Lack of intestinal muscle movement (due to lack of exercise)
- Lack of water in stool (elimination of water entirely)
- Hard rotten stool blocked in the intestines for long periods of time
- Diarrhea and heatstroke. (water elimination for long periods of time)
- Frequent use of drugs (off the record: although some help constipation, the frequency of using them creates dependency and that`s extremely dangerous)
- Body exhaustion (after sports, work, travelling)
- Food poisoning (ropy foods eaten turn to rotten stool)
Read more about [constipation medicine].
Symptomatic constipation causes
- Ano-rectal affections: anal fissure, anal stenosis, prolapse, perianal abscess, rectocele, tumors.
- Colonic affections: irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulosis, tumors, stricture, Crohn disease, ulcer-haemorrhage rectocolitis, colonic ischemia, tuberculosis, hernia, volvulus, endometriosis
- Pelvic causes: pregnancy, postpartum, uterine tumors, ovarian tumors, endometriosis tumors.
- Neuromuscular diseases: Hirschprung disease, autonomous neuropathy, Chagas disease, pseudo-intestinal obstruction, cerebral tumors, cerebral-vascular accident, tabes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson disease, dermatomyositis, les.
- Metabolic diseases: diabetes, uremia, hypercalcemia, hypothyroidism, feocrocitom.
- Mental diseases: depression, nervous anorexia.
- Excess of laxatives (can create dependency if we don`t use them properly)
- Excess of anti-depressive medication
- Excess of antibiotics
- Allergy to certain medication
- Air pollution.
- Long periods of heat or drought.
- Living in an noisy area. (leading to stress)
- Chemical pollution. (forces our body to consume all reserves of minerals and vitamins)
- Lack of green spaces (parks, woods, natural reservations where we need to visit from time)
- Exposure to viral diseases and pest holes when living in a very dense area. (buses, trains,metro, subway, kindergartens, schools, high-schools, malls, hospitals)
Read more about [natural constipation remedies].
Copyright © 2018 Danescu Sebastian-Victor. All rights reserved.
For more information about constipation click the links below: